Driving directions to Pine Hollow (Start/Finish of the Fools 50k/25k Trail Run)
Map link showing the 2.5 mile drive from Peninsula, OH to Pine Hollow: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2599840
Pine Hollow is located on Quick Road, 1 mile east of Akron-Peninsula Road in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. (Use address: 5326 Quick Rd. Peninsula, 44264)
From the town of Peninsula, Pine Hollow is about 2.5 miles south and east. Starting at the traffic light in Peninsula, go south on Akron-Peninsula Rd for 1.5 miles, turn left (east) on Quick Rd, go up the hill about 1 mile. Pine Hollow is on the left side. There is a large parking lot and a permanent restroom facility. The start/finish line is near the building.
Driving directions to Peninsula, OH:
- From the Ohio Turnpike (I-80): Take the Rte 8 exit and take Rte 8 south towards Akron for 2 miles. Exit Rte 303 and turn right (west). Take Rte 303 for three miles into the town of Peninsula. Turn left at Akron-Peninsula Rd and follow directions above.
- From I-271 (Cleveland): Take I-271 south. Exit Rte 8 towards Akron for five miles. Exit Rte 303 and turn right (west). Take Rte 303 for three miles into the town of Peninsula. Turn left at Akron-Peninsula Rd and follow direction above.
- From I-271 (Columbus): Take I-271 north. Exit Rte 303 east towards Peninsula for two miles. Turn right (south) at Akron-Peninsula Rd and follow direction above.
- From I-77 (Cleveland): Take I-77 south. Exit Miller Rd and turn left (east). Turn right on Breckville Rd for 1/2 mile, then left on Snowville Rd. for three miles down into the valley. Snowville dead-ends at Riverview Rd. Turn right on Riverview Rd. and follow for three miles to traffic light at Rte 303. Turn left on Rte 303, right on Akron-Peninsula Rd., and follow direction above.
- From Akron and points south: Take Rte 8 north to Steeles Corners Rd. Turn left (west) and follow Steeles Corners to State Rd. Turn right (north) on State Rd., left on Quick Rd. Pine Hollow is 2.5 miles down Quick Rd. on the right.